Extracting DNA from Strawberries

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

vcruz04

Extracting DNA from Strawberries

Post by vcruz04 »

I did an experiment were I extracted DNA from strawberries and I really want to do this for my science fair but I don't want it to be a demonstration I want it to be an experiment. To be an experiment it has to be able to have a question and hypothesis but I'm having a really hard time coming up with a question and hypothesis and the variables. I really need help in making this an actual science fair experiment!!
324B21
Former Expert
Project Question: Setting up an account to hopefully volunteer and help others learn and enjoy science!
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Extracting DNA from Strawberries

Post by 324B21 »

I loved doing this experiment too! I can certainly understand why you would want to do it again--so much fun.

Unfortunately, since a hypothesis is all about you and what you believe you can prove I would be unable to write this for you. Just remember that If/Then statements are the key here. You can do it! Just think about the strawberry and the DNA and let your mind go wild!!

Please message us back if you have any further questions. Here is a bit more information on hypothesis'

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... esis.shtml

Elizabeth

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”