Need catchy science project name

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

janiyak7cheers

Re: Need catchy science project name

Post by janiyak7cheers »

Thanks for the nice names! I need help again! My friend is doing a science project on self-inflating balloons. She needs a name too! Thx in advance! :mrgreen:
deleted-284605
Former Expert
Project Question: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Due Date: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by deleted-284605 »

janiyak7cheers wrote:Thanks for the nice names! I need help again! My friend is doing a science project on self-inflating balloons. She needs a name too! Thx in advance! :mrgreen:
Can you give a little more detail on her project? It's hard to make a nice name without knowing exactly what is being tested. Thanks!
janiyak7cheers

Post by janiyak7cheers »

Her project is about whether or not vinegar and baking soda can inflate a balloon. Sorry about the misunderstanding. :mrgreen:
deleted-284605
Former Expert

Post by deleted-284605 »

janiyak7cheers wrote:Her project is about whether or not vinegar and baking soda can inflate a balloon. Sorry about the misunderstanding. :mrgreen:
Don't worry about it, just making sure I have all the info! Here are some options!
A Real Hullaballoon: Can Vinegar and Baking Soda Inflate a Balloon?
Blowing Stuff Up: Unconventional Balloon Inflation Methods
Inflation Creation: Blowing Up Balloons With Kitchen Supplies

Fun side note... "Balloon" is one of only a few (common) words in the English language with adjacent pairs of double letters! (baLLOOn). The only (common) word with three adjacent sets of double letters is "bookkeeper" (bOOKKEEper). :mrgreen:
aweholly

Post by aweholly »

I need a catchy science fair project name. It's about the effect of food coloring on plant growth. I was thinking "To Grow or Not to Grow" or "Growth Wars" but I don't really know! Thank you :D
deleted-284605
Former Expert

Post by deleted-284605 »

aweholly wrote:I need a catchy science fair project name. It's about the effect of food coloring on plant growth. I was thinking "To Grow or Not to Grow" or "Growth Wars" but I don't really know! Thank you :D
I like those titles! Maybe you could add a little secondary part that's more scientific and explains the key question behind your experiment. For example, "To Grow or Not to Grow: Testing the Effects of Food Coloring on Plant Growth" or "Growth Wars: What Is the Effect of Food Coloring on Plant Growth?"
Sciencebud2814

Post by Sciencebud2814 »

Hi

I'm doing a The science of decomposition: dose organic produce rot faster than non-organic and I can't think of a good name for it :cry:
davidp5118

Post by davidp5118 »

Hypothesis: If help is asked for on the internet, then the larger the crowd of people the victim is in, the longer it will take for them to receive assistance, due to the bystander effect.*

* The bystander effect is a social psychological phenomenon that refers to cases in which individuals do not offer any means of help to a victim when other people are present. The probability of help is inversely related to the number of bystanders.

Chat rooms in Yahoo! Chat (located in the world wide web at messenger.yahoo.com) served as the cyber site for data collection.

10 diff€erent chat groups were randomly selected (excluding “adult only” chat groups). Each was used to examine the eff€ects of the gender of the individual seeking help and if the group size was illustrated a relationship between the number of people present in a chat room when help was asked for and the participant's response time.

The perceived gender of the individual seeking help was manipulated by utilizing either a male (JohnWhite) or female (SarahKiesler) username. To examine what occurs when a participant feels obligated to provide assistance, help was sought by asking all the participants in the chat group a stimulus question: ``Can anyone tell me how to look at someone's profile information?'' (A “profile” contains a short biographical description for each user in the chat group)

In each of the treatment conditions, the observer first recorded the number of people present in the chat room, which ranged from 5 to 140, depending on which of the 10 chatrooms was being observed, and then asked the stimulus question. The stimulus question was then repeated every 60 seconds until a response was given. A response was defined as any acknowledgment of the question by any participant.

Sorry-wanted to give you all as much info as possible. Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

- David
Nath147

Post by Nath147 »

Can anybody help me to get a catchy title for my project proposal? here is the title I made: Exploiting behavior of nanoparticles in polarized cells: towards better nanomedicine
thanks a lot :)
Kristennnn

Post by Kristennnn »

I am doing a project on "Does Music Affect How Many Words Kept In Your Short Term Memory."

Can someone help me with a clever and catchy name for it? And help with what I could add to make it bold and eye-catching? Thanks :)
deleted-284605
Former Expert

Post by deleted-284605 »

Nath147 wrote:Can anybody help me to get a catchy title for my project proposal? here is the title I made: Exploiting behavior of nanoparticles in polarized cells: towards better nanomedicine
thanks a lot :)
Sorry if you get this message twice- it seems some of my posts are not going through so I'm sending this again.
Wow, great project idea! I really like the title you came up with, but maybe if you want to work in a pun you could try something like, "Just the Nanoparticulars... Exploiting the behavior of nanoparticles in polarized cells for better medicine" or "Welcome to the Nanoparty: Medical applications of nanoparticles in polarized cells."
Good luck! :mrgreen:
deleted-284605
Former Expert

Post by deleted-284605 »

Kristennnn wrote: I am doing a project on "Does Music Affect How Many Words Kept In Your Short Term Memory."
Can someone help me with a clever and catchy name for it? And help with what I could add to make it bold and eye-catching? Thanks :)
Maybe your poster could have music notes and brains all over it. Or you could do something artistic where you show EEG (electroencephalogram) waves turning into a musical staff.

Here are some title ideas, feel free to mix and match!

The Melody of Memory: How Does Music Affect How Many Words You Can Remember?
Tuning Your Memory: Measuring the Effect of Music on Short-Term Memory
Tonal Recall: Does Music Enhance Memory?
Happypie664

Post by Happypie664 »

Hi! I need a science fair name urgently!!

My topic is how the salinity and temperature of water affects it's surface tension

Thanks in advance
lewiscv15

Post by lewiscv15 »

I am doing a science project on what fonts are easier to read i need a catchy name asap! :?
Douggie

Post by Douggie »

Hi I need a name on my science fair project, it is about what concentration of napisan/vanish is the most effective please help :D

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”