Do Males and Females Play the Same Types of Games

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

BlubberBoy

Do Males and Females Play the Same Types of Games

Post by BlubberBoy »

My Science Fair Project is on gender differences in video game choices. I need to find a good book to read that is about my Science Fair Project. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. Thank you :D
324B21
Former Expert
Project Question: Setting up an account to hopefully volunteer and help others learn and enjoy science!
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Do Males and Females Play the Same Types of Games

Post by 324B21 »

Hey there. This is such an interesting project, and a really great topic. I myself love gaming!

I have been thinking about this question tonight, and had to do some digging myself. With that said, I would be happy to help here. Here is the small problem. Most of the books and data out there are written very scientifically, and are geared toward individuals that are in the sciences. So, with that said--I did find a couple articles I can suggest. Because of the way they are written you might need a bit of help deciphering what parts of them mean. You are welcome to come back in here and ask as many questions as you need to, or even reach out to your teachers for help! This might be a great place to add in an introduction as to how to break down a research paper to understand it. We as scientists have all looked at scientific papers and thought--"I don't understand" Do NOT let this discourage you. You can do it!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer- ... 01628.html

The second thing I will put out there is that as with all articles you should check in with an adult because some of the reasons behind game choices have to do with more adult things, so PLEASE ask an adult to scan this material first to make sure they are a-ok with everything.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ure_Review

Here is a second article that appears to be written by a student.

http://www.aect.org/pdf/proceedings13/2013/13_25.pdf

You will notice at the bottom of both of these papers there are a bunch of links of books and online sources/research studies they used to get their data. I checked a few of these, and most of them were still working. This is great news since it means you can also use these links and books to learn more.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with!

Elizabeth

Return to “Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”