Interviewing Experts

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

rruland

Interviewing Experts

Post by rruland »

My class may be interested in working on the mining asteroid project. To kick it off however, I would really like to be able to have someone speak to them to motivate them about this topic. Are there any opportunities to connect for even 20 minutes with an expert in this field through google hangout or some other medium?

Rebecca Ruland
lynnsamuelson
Former Expert

Re: Interviewing Experts

Post by lynnsamuelson »

Hi Rebecca,

Getting an expert in to talk about the mining asteroid project is a great idea; however, this is the life science expert forum and our backgrounds may not be what you need. I know that I am not qualified. Since these forums are more dedicated to answering specific project questions you may not have luck here, but the physical sciences is definitely going to be where to start. My guess is that you will have more luck looking to local science centers, collages and universities.

Good Luck,
Lynn

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”