Listeriosis and Hela Cells

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

strawberryturtle501

Listeriosis and Hela Cells

Post by strawberryturtle501 »

Hello, I was wondering if anybody knew about the part Hela cells take in, in the Listeriosis study recently?
I would like a response with information about Hela cells and the study in great depth please with reference. Thank you
deleted-284605
Former Expert
Project Question: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Due Date: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Listeriosis and Hela Cells

Post by deleted-284605 »

Hi! Is this for a science project? This forum is not meant for homework help. If you're doing a project, let us know a few more details about exactly which study you're referencing and how we can help you.
strawberryturtle501

Post by strawberryturtle501 »

Yes, it's for a project. We are meant to research about recent studies that Hela Cells took part in. Unfortunately, I had trouble searching for this so I ended up with the 9 year old study of Listeriosis; (http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2015/191409/).

Now I was just wondering if anybody had information about that 9 year old study and why it took 9 years. I also wanted some background information about Listeriosis along with other important fact about it.

Thanks
lynnsamuelson
Former Expert

Post by lynnsamuelson »

If you are looking for examples of how HeLa cells are used in recent experiments, check out the references section on the Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeLa). Not all the references are related to research, but there are plenty that are. From there, you should be able to find other terms to Google depending on your selected research project.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”