Science fair project names ASAP

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

PeytonWade22

Science fair project names ASAP

Post by PeytonWade22 »

Hi, I'm having trouble thinking of a catchy slogan or name for my science fair project. My project is on the affect of fertilizer on algae growth (got this from science buddies but I don't want to copy the name).
jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Re: Science fair project names ASAP

Post by jskanderson »

PeytonWade22 wrote:Hi, I'm having trouble thinking of a catchy slogan or name for my science fair project. My project is on the affect of fertilizer on algae growth (got this from science buddies but I don't want to copy the name).
Hey Peyton,

If your project is on the effect of fertilizer on algae growth (i'm assuming the project you're doing is this one, perhaps go with comedic titles such as "Fertilizer for your own Algae Garden" (perhaps it's a bit long) or "Watch the Algae Bloom!".

Hope this helped!

-JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."
MrsDez
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MrsDez »

Hi,

What were some of the results that you found interesting in your experiment? You can play on those findings to highlight those interesting parts.
Were you able to grow your own algae? (title example: Algae Farming)
Did the fertilizer smell bad? Were you able to show how it is needed for algae to grow? (Bad Smell Makes Good Algae!)
What were the different observations that you saw with each amount of fertilizer? (Algae Loves Fertilizer)

Brainstorm different titles and we can help you narrow it down to the best one that would work for your experiment.

All the best,
MrsDez
janhavitheincrediblepotterhead

Post by janhavitheincrediblepotterhead »

HI i too need a project title, my project is about hurricanes and i'm researching if warmer seas make stronger hurricanes...Help plz..

I appreciate it very much :D
jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Post by jskanderson »

janhavitheincrediblepotterhead wrote:HI i too need a project title, my project is about hurricanes and i'm researching if warmer seas make stronger hurricanes...Help plz..

I appreciate it very much :D
Hey Janhavi,

If your hypothesis is that warmer seas do create stronger hurricanes, perhaps go with cheesy titles such as "Does Rising Sea Temperature Cause Hurricanes to Raise the Roof?" or "Hurricanes: Stronger at Sea if Warmer?".

Hope this helped!

-JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."
jessicaonfleek

Post by jessicaonfleek »

Hi!!
I need a little help coming up with a name for my science fair project. I am extracting DNA from several vegetables to determine which has the most. Please respond ASAP!! I really appreciate it!
PharmaMan
Expert
Project Question: Registration as an Expert
Project Due Date: N/A

Post by PharmaMan »

Hi Jessica,

Please be sure to start a new thread if your questions are separate from another persons. Otherwise, we may miss your questions.

How about something like: "Who's Got the Most Information? The Amount of Genetic Material in Different Vegetables."

Best,
Pharma
S_Herbert

Post by S_Herbert »

Hello, I am new to Science Buddies and I have found that there may be a glitch or something for there is no "New Topic" button on... well, anything. I know that this reply may get lost because I am posting a reply and not a new Thread, but I have looked at the frequently asked questions and found my problem only to see that I could not find the button.

However, on an unrelated note, I am in need of a Science Fair Project name! I am buying common and expensive water brands and tap to see if people can correctly label the "better tasting- more expensive water" verses common waters and tap. All in all, my experiment is: Does Water Have a Taste?

If you could help me come up with something more witty/ creative I would greatly appreciate it :D
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A

Post by amyc »

S_Herbert -- I am sorry to hear you had a problem posting in the forums. Can you please try again to post a new topic and let me know if this problem continues? You can reach me at scibuddy@sciencebuddies.org if the problem recurs.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”