Science fair report

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Silver_Heart

Science fair report

Post by Silver_Heart »

I need help with my report I don't know what order to put the parts in or what the headings are I got info from my teachers but I lost it please help thank you
pswiatko
Expert

Re: Science fair report

Post by pswiatko »

Hi Silver_Heart,

What exactly do you need help with? Please explain.

Thanks,
Peter S.
Silver_Heart

Post by Silver_Heart »

I need help with the headings for the sections like hypothesis and the other part and what order they go in for the final report.
PharmaMan
Expert
Project Question: Registration as an Expert
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by PharmaMan »

Hi Silver Heart,

I would ask your teacher again for the information. We would not know what format your instructor is looking for in your report. What we tell you may not align with what they want. If you have specific questions about forming a hypothesis or more specifics about what generally goes in each section, please feel free to ask us.

-Pharma
Silver_Heart

Post by Silver_Heart »

ok thanks anyways
Silver_Heart

Post by Silver_Heart »

what is a research plan
Silver_Heart

Post by Silver_Heart »

also what are research questions
allisontu
Former Student Expert

Post by allisontu »

Hi Silver_Heart,

A research plan form is usually used to summarize a project's goal, procedures, risks, and data analysis before beginning the project, so you have a clear plan as to how to carry out your research. Depending on your teacher, they may be looking for different things, so I would ask your teacher for clarification.

However, if your teacher is requesting that you fill out the official ISEF research plan form, you can find the specific guidelines on the second page of this document: https://member.societyforscience.org/do ... doc?id=642

As for your research question, this is the question that you're trying to investigate through experimentation. See this Science Buddies article for more information about how to write a good research question: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... tion.shtml

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”