Can you guys help me think of an eye-catching science-fair experiment title??

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

bubbles100

Re: Can you guys help me think of an eye-catching science-fair experiment title??

Post by bubbles100 »

Hi guys I also need a title for my science project.

I am testing two rivers and comparing them. I am testing pH, Nitrite and organisms in the river.
can you give me some ideas on my science project!!!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Can you guys help me think of an eye-catching science-fair experiment title??

Post by MadelineB »

Often the most effective title for a science fair project will be to state your most important hypothesis. That lets the judges know immediately what your project is all about. Please tell us more about your project! What are your hypotheses? How are you measuring your variables?
bubbles100

Post by bubbles100 »

My hypothesis is that the ngamuwahine river will be cleaner than the waimapu river because it is very clear and in previous tests it has proven itself to be potable
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MadelineB »

So you think that the river with the best clarity will also have the greatest purity?

Maybe you could turn that into a question and use that for your title?
bubbles100

Post by bubbles100 »

Maybe, do you have any ideas how I could do that or how I could word it?
jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Post by jskanderson »

bubbles100 wrote:Maybe, do you have any ideas how I could do that or how I could word it?
Hi bubbles100,

Usually, your title (esp. if you're entering this into a science fair) will be in the format "The Effect of [Independent Variable] on [Dependent Variable]" (or like Madeline said, in a clear way that states the hypothesis)! Perhaps think about constructing your title in a similar fashion (remember that your independent variable, in this case, would be the purity of the river)!

Hope this helped!

-JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”