I need help for my research project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

tjralejandro01

I need help for my research project

Post by tjralejandro01 »

Hi. I am an eight grade student of Zamboanga, Philippines. Me and my partners came up with a plan on how to prevent unwanted plants like weeds, etc. growth. We can't think of any substances that is safe and chemical free. What should we do to have a good start? Any suggestions? Or should we change the plan. Please help. :(
ebednar21

Re: I need help for my research project

Post by ebednar21 »

HI, I think that is a good idea. The only thing is do you have the ability to obtain all the materials?
jskanderson
Former Student Expert

Post by jskanderson »

tjralejandro01 wrote:Hi. I am an eight grade student of Zamboanga, Philippines. Me and my partners came up with a plan on how to prevent unwanted plants like weeds, etc. growth. We can't think of any substances that is safe and chemical free. What should we do to have a good start? Any suggestions? Or should we change the plan. Please help. :(
Hi tjalejandro01,

This sounds like an interesting topic! Are you planning on experimenting with different methods of weed prevention, or simply different substances (like pesticides, except non toxic/chemical) to kill weeds?
I'm not sure how hard it is in the Philippines, but in the U.S., it's not easy to find weed preventing substances that are non-toxic and non-chemical! (Many of these are actually methods, such as planting more mulch, or burning the weeds!)
If you're not sure where exactly where to start with the idea of "weed prevention," ScienceBuddies has an extensive catalog of projects involving Plant Science, specifically with weeds/factors that affect weed growth!
Here is the link to some of those projects: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... pi&s=weeds

Hope this helped,

JSK
~ Call me JSK :D
"Be the person who you wish to see in the world."
tjralejandro01

Post by tjralejandro01 »

Thank you! :D :mrgreen:

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”