sparklers project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

caradenton

sparklers project

Post by caradenton »

I'm working on a project at my school to make DIY eco-friendly fireworks. i know there are some laws/guidelines that might apply to my experiment, but i don't know which ones I would have to comply with. also, is there anyone anybody could recommend for me to talk to? thanks!!
willrosenthal
Former Expert

Re: sparklers project

Post by willrosenthal »

Hi caradenton,

There are a lot of different rules and regulations when it comes to "explosives," and many of these said rules and regulations can very from state to state. Websites such as https://www.atf.gov/explosives/firework ... d-security have these rules listed out. As I already stated, more information is needed to answer your question properly, such as the state you live in, or specific materials you would be using to make the fireworks. I highly doubt you are making anything using flash powder, but in may cases (most likely not yours) you need a license to make fireworks. When doing this experiment, PLEASE make sure to use the utmost amount of caution, and always have an adult supervising you.

Thanks!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”