Project Notebook HELP!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

zoeautumnoz

Project Notebook HELP!

Post by zoeautumnoz »

I'm working on my project notebook for Social Sciences and I'm completely lost on how to organize and write my notebook! :shock: :oops: :cry: How should I do my notebook? Any good tips? Please HELP!
allisontu
Former Student Expert

Re: Project Notebook HELP!

Post by allisontu »

Hi,

Science Buddies has a great series of articles about organizing and keeping up with lab notebooks. The pages at this link should be helpful.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... l#overview

Hope this helps,
Allison
MrsDez
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MrsDez »

zoeautumnoz wrote:I'm working on my project notebook for Social Sciences and I'm completely lost on how to organize and write my notebook! :shock: :oops: :cry: How should I do my notebook? Any good tips? Please HELP!
The link above is a great reference on how to write in your notebook!

Generally, you start off each page with the date, take your notes, add your data. This helps you to keep track of what you did for every step of your experiment.

What else do you need help understanding about writing in a notebook?
zoeautumnoz

Post by zoeautumnoz »

I am really confused! I already looked at some of Science Buddies' recommendations, but they still are NOT giving me what I need! Thank you guys for all your kindness and helpfulness, though!

I was wondering about how in the WORLD it should be organized. I am not very organized myself :oops: but I would really like to know how to organize my data, observations, and models all in one.

Thanks a lot!!

Zoe Autumn Oz
MrsDez
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MrsDez »

zoeautumnoz wrote:I was wondering about how in the WORLD it should be organized. I am not very organized myself :oops: but I would really like to know how to organize my data, observations, and models all in one.
Hi,
Generally, you start adding to your notebook in chronological (date) order.
There are great pictures of lab notebook examples here:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... abnotebook

Take a look at those and see if it will work for your notebook.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”