Blood Spatter Analysis

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

DarkestZero

Blood Spatter Analysis

Post by DarkestZero »

Hello!
I am doing the Blood Spatter Analysis science fair project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p072.shtml

I was looking for help on how to write a hypothesis for this project. :? I must follow the "if-then-because" format.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :D
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Blood Spatter Analysis

Post by norman40 »

Hello DarkestZero,

You might want to review the information on project questions and hypotheses provided here:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ndex.shtml

If you are working through your project as outlined and without any modifications of your own, the experiment is already defined. So you should be able to use the experiment and background information to write your hypothesis.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project. Please post again if you have more questions.

A. Norman
karenzyj
Former Student Expert
Project Question: Ask An Expert student mentor
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Blood Spatter Analysis

Post by karenzyj »

Do visit the link Norman provided, as it is very helpful for writing a lab report. If you still need help, some examples of hypotheses for this experiment could be:

If the distance between the blood splatter and the source of the splatter increases/decreases, then the size of the blood splatter ellipses will increase/decrease, because....

If the force of impact on the blood source increases/decreases, then the blood splatter patterns will [list some characteristics of the ellipses, such as size or angle], because...

Best of luck!

-Karen

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”