Peltier Tiles

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

PowerOfScience

Peltier Tiles

Post by PowerOfScience »

Hello Committee,

How are you doing? I am doing a science fair project (totally abstract, it is not on the website) and I require the use of Peltier tiles. I have browsed the internet for like almost all-day (a little exaggeration). I do not want to buy it off of a website such as Ebay or amazon as I need it ASAP. If there is any store that may sell this product please let me kno.

Your Science Buddy
rmarz
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Peltier Tiles

Post by rmarz »

PowerOfScience - Most local electronic parts stores (Radio Shack) don't stock Peltier assemblies, so you may have to deal with other mail order houses beyond eBay or Amazon. Mail order distributors such as DigiKey, Mouser and Allied list these components, many with same day shipping. Another possibility is a general merchandise store like Walmart or Home Depot that sell 'electric coolers' that you might cannabalize to get the Peltier element. Good luck, if you had more time sources that you listed, or AliExpress would have very reasonable prices.

Rick Marz

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”