Chandra

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Chandra

Post by 846512378645312 »

My experiment was on how changing the levels of the image during the process would affect the dominant color of the image to see how performing the procedure incorrectly can affect the data collected. The color finder I was attempting to use didn't work. I was only able to get shades of grey due to the fact that the background wasn't completely black due to the change in levels. I was considering taking a survey to see what other people believed was the dominant color of each of the images. Does anyone have any other advise? Thank you.
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Chandra

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi Chandra,
I am sorry to say that I don't quite understand what you are trying to do in this experiment. It sounded like you are trying to vary the film development process to affect the color balance of the picture? Is this correct?
Any additional details would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Willey
sqtn_swag

Post by sqtn_swag »

Yeah... What you said is kind of confusing.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert

Post by bfinio »

Hi Willey - fyi I believe the student is referring to this project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ml#summary. "Chandra" refers to NASA's Chandra X-Ray Observatory. The project is about how NASA images taken outside the visible spectrum (radio, infrared, X-ray, etc) are colorized.
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a

Post by LeungWilley »

Thanks bfinio, this make a lot more sense now!
Willey

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”