NANORGs: Hypothesis

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Mareythu

NANORGs: Hypothesis

Post by Mareythu »

Hi,
I am doing the Science Project, "Programming NANORGs in a Virtual World". And, I was attempting to find a reasonably "ok" hypothesis for my Science Project. Although I'm in 8th grade I have basic knowledge of C++ Assembly Language and, faith in my ability to perform a experiment. The only issue is a hypothesis. The first few ideas I had in mind were, "If the NANORGs release more energy into the collection point, then the score would increase in till the NANORGs have no power to perform". A bit wordy, but the idea is would be to find out how much energy does a bot require to survive intill the next sludge. The inspiration from this would be from looking at past scripts and seeing that they leave a large supply of power with them. I wanted to leave the bare minimum of power with the bots. The next few hypothesis (don't worry I wont go into as much detail) would be: "If NANORGs could corrupt drones, then the score will increase." Unfortunately, this seemed a bit difficult as how would I insert/copy data from my bot into a drones? The next best hypothesis would be "If the method of consuming sludge is eat-then-think rather than think-then-eat, then the drones will die rapidly". This one wasn't as good, but I thought I might of put it up there. Anyways, in the end the big question would be if you experts had any ideas on a good hypothesis, or if you could point me in the right directions. I am up for constructive criticism, information and knowing that my paragraph isnt as professional.

Thanks,
Mareythu

Note: I have a Windows Computer and has already run the CONTEST06 program and has designed a script. I have to find a hypothesis in nine days from now, so wish me luck!

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”