Creating a Mobile App

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Honor12

Creating a Mobile App

Post by Honor12 »

I am an 8th grader, and I want to make a mobile app to help diabetics monitor their diet depending on their blood glucose levelsfor my Science Fair project. Would it be enough to use a simple app creator, like the MIT App Inventor, or Scratch, or should I use advanced programming, like JavaScript or HTML?
Thank you so much! :D :D
HowardE
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Creating a Mobile App

Post by HowardE »

Hi Honor12, that sounds ambitious. What you use for your app development depends on your comfort level.

You might want to start by designing what you want the app to do - plan out what the user is expected to do and what the app will do in return. The look at the available development platforms that you're familiar with and see whether those platforms are capable of doing what you need. Choosing a platform with a big learning curve might not be a good way for you to start unless you have some help. I've written my apps in Objective C and while I've been writing code for 30+ years it was still quite a handful. I'm not familiar with App Inventor. Scratch and Javascript are definitely interesting programming languages I haven't used MIT's Pocket Code yet but that should be a pretty easy way to get started.

You could start with one of the easier platforms and then rewrite it in a more capable, more sophisticated platform if you have time.

Howard
Honor12

Post by Honor12 »

Hello,
So I finished my app, and my teacher is asking me for a graph. I used JavaScript, Html, and used PhoneGap.
My input is the user's sugar levels, and the output is the corresponding diet foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
My project is focused on coding, and my teacher is asking me to make a graph if possible. Is there a way I would go about doing this?

Thank you,

Honor12
ChristineJensen

Post by ChristineJensen »

I have one diet fitness app. You can have a look for it and make yours. You will get a help what kind of text and all should be there and where Html and Java text would be there. This will help you for your diet app. And go for some sources too for the diet routine along with the fitness plan. It will increase your app's ranking.
All the best.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”