Delete a file project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

mjr01

Delete a file project

Post by mjr01 »

In the can a file be deleted project, I'm not sure what are the dependent and independent variables. Does any one have any ideas on this? Thanks.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Delete a file project

Post by dcnick96 »

Hi, and welcome to Science Buddies! This will be an interesting project.

For this project, you will not be following the Scientific Method Process with variables. Instead, you should follow the Engineering Design process, which is a series of steps that engineers follow to come up with a solution to a problem. You can read more here.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/engineer ... teps.shtml

Take a look at this and write back with questions.
Good luck!
Deana
mjr01

Post by mjr01 »

Deana, thank you for that information. But I'm still a bit confused. The Engineering Process includes building a prototype. I'm not building anything or programming anything in this project. I'm just going to try different ways to delete files.
Quilter

Post by Quilter »

My son wondered about that too when he saw it. He asked the computer teacher and she said that it wasn't really a project. It was more like a simple experiment to demonstrate something. She suggested not doing this with Windows since once a file is deleted out of the wastebasket it's pretty much gone because Windows is always writing to the disk. She said to try it in Linux but also suggested that he write his own undelete code. That would make it a project.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”