i need help on my project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

shashikadze123

i need help on my project

Post by shashikadze123 »

i decided to make marker ink in my lab, and want to use vegetables for ecofriendly synthesis of this ink, i want your advices if there is someone who know something about this i need your help.
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: i need help on my project

Post by SciB »

Hi,

Did you try doing a search for how to make ink from plants? There are many recipes online for this:

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/a/make ... nk-project
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/make-recyc ... 79092.html
http://www.artmondo.net/printworks/arti ... owink1.htm

Take a look at these websites and any others you find yourself, and if you have specific questions about the methods we will help you answer them.

Sybee
shashikadze123

Post by shashikadze123 »

thanks it was very helpful
villarroelj

Post by villarroelj »

I am doing the measuring the speed of light using a microwave and was wondering what my dependent, independent variables, control group, and experimental group were?
PharmaMan
Expert
Project Question: Registration as an Expert
Project Due Date: N/A

Post by PharmaMan »

Hello,

As a quick suggestion, please keep all new questions on a different topic in a new thread. It is easy for us to miss new questions like this if it is not in a separate thread.

The experiment that you are trying sounds like a cool one; the interpretation of what are dependent/independent variables and control/experimental groups are a little more difficult in this one though. I like to give the example of a dose-response in a biology: you will vary the concentration of a drug (the independent variable) and will look for a change in response (the dependent variable). All conditions that have active drug are part of the experimental group, and the group with a non-active compound is the control group (negative control to be specific).

In this situation however, you are ultimately trying to find your readout, which is distance (or separation of the cooked egg). What are you varying? In this case, you are keeping everything constant (according to the experimental setup), and you do not have separate groups that are being compared. Unless you are varying the types of eggs, plates used, etc., you are simply taking a measurement of using the same set of conditions and taking the average.

I hope this was helpful; let us know if you have further questions.
jhazhelle

Post by jhazhelle »

please help me i need a topic with paper cups and plastic or bottles :cry:
sistermeyea

Need an idea by today!!

Post by sistermeyea »

I am in need of a project Idea for my science fair. Its going to be hard to find. I haven't been able to find one my teacher would except, and I need an idea by today. (Dec.1 2015) It must be physical science, at an advanced level, and can only be medium or hard. (Not easy) It also MUST BE AN EXPERIMENT. Not a project. I must be asking and answering a question. My budget is $15 or less and the whole project will be do in approximately 3 weeks. Like I said before, Its going to be difficult to find. I need help!!!
sistermeyea

Post by sistermeyea »

jhazhelle wrote:please help me i need a topic with paper cups and plastic or bottles :cry:
PROJECTS WITH STYROFOAM OR PLASTIC CUPS

Here is a beginner project:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #materials

Here is an intermediate project:

Here is an advanced project:
jhazhelle

Post by jhazhelle »

what type of resin in pine bark.. thank you i need your help immediately... from the bottom of research's heart.. :?: :mrgreen: :| :idea: :P
jhazhelle

Post by jhazhelle »

how to make paper from dried leaves
jhazhelle

Post by jhazhelle »

we will have to compare the growth of mongo using three different pots.
plastic
shreded papercup turned to a pot
dried leaves into a papercup

can i ask for ways how to do this project and any tips how us to do this ASAP. the experiment must be 2 days from now :cry:
zoesantucci

Post by zoesantucci »

Where can I find some background research for a project on colorful celery. You are suppose to see what color he celery absorbs the fastest.
HowardE
Project Question: N/A

Post by HowardE »

zoesantucci

Post by zoesantucci »

I need two more articles on capillary action in plants. Any sites you can think of? I need these either by today, Jan. 12, 2016, or by Thursday, Jan. 14, 2016. Thank You!
HowardE
Project Question: N/A

Post by HowardE »

There should be a lot of article about capillary action in plants. That search (https://www.google.com/search?q=capillary+action+plants) above will turn up many. Look through them and try to pick articles written at universities rather than places that are just websites if you want the best quality material.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”