Research Grants

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Mad_Scientist

Research Grants

Post by Mad_Scientist »

Hi!

This year, I was able to attend the CWSF, and I am hoping to do the same next year. I'm wondering how high school students can apply for grants for their research? I've been looking for suitable grants that I can apply for, but I couldn't find any so far.

Thanks!
Mad_Scientist
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Research Grants

Post by tdaly »

Hi Mad_Scientist,

The specific opportunities will be different depending on where you live and on the type of project you are trying to do. What country are you from? (Please do not be anymore specific than telling me the country you live in.) What is your project about?
All the best,
Terik
Mad_Scientist

Post by Mad_Scientist »

Hi!

I'm from Canada, and I'm working in the environmental field on creating a sustainable natural water filter derived from plants. This water filter is intended for use in agriculture for third world countries. I just recently started on researching for this project!

Thanks for your help!
tdaly
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tdaly »

Hi Mad_Scientist,

This is helpful information! I'm not from Canada myself, so I'm not sure how scientific research is funded in Canada. So, it would be worth trying to find someone in Canada that you can talk to. You might be able to get funding for your project through Kickstarter (or another crowdfunding platform), but I'm not whether other students have been successful with that approach. Because your project is related to environmental issues and public health, it might be helpful to find someone in your geographic are who does that type of work. That contact might have ideas for other sources of funding. That said, funding for science fair projects is typically pretty sparse.

Post back as your have other questions.
All the best,
Terik

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”