Glucose Blood Level Experiment.

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

lelegaky

Glucose Blood Level Experiment.

Post by lelegaky »

Concerning the experiment on the blood glucose level in relation to exercise how can I relate the experiment to nutrients? How would I explain the change in blood glucose level on a molecular level?
HannahNoel
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Glucose Blood Level Experiment.

Post by HannahNoel »

Hi Lelegaky,

If you wanted to relate this experiment back to nutrients, I think it becomes much more difficult. Do you mean to ask whether someone who isn't getting all the nutrients they need and someone who does, if their blood glucose levels respond differently to exercise?

To begin to explain what's happening at a molecular level I think you should review the importance of glucose in the bloodstream under "basal" (normal) conditions. Wikipedia is helpful for getting a general sense of what's happening under normal conditions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_sugar

I'd be happy to have more discussion about this, just let me know!

Best,
Hannah

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”