Control group

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

MackenziePhillips588

Control group

Post by MackenziePhillips588 »

i am doing an experiment on how clothing impacts the behavior of others around us and I have no idea what my control group would be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?????
heidigr
Former Expert

Re: Control group

Post by heidigr »

Hello Mackenzie Phillips588,

Can you provide more details about your proposed experiment without the control?

~HeidiGR
MackenziePhillips588

Post by MackenziePhillips588 »

yes it is a project to see if the type of clothing a person wears affects how the people in society react to the person. I am planning on wearing three types of clothes at a mall and observing how people react to me as I sit on a bench in rags, normal, and expensive clothes.
pswiatko
Expert

Post by pswiatko »

Hi MackenziePhilips588,

This seems like a complicated experiment because there are other important variables that you have to consider (such as sex, age, race - not only yours but also of people who are going to look at you). Make sure you note all of this in your results.

Also, how are you going to record your results? What constitutes good or bad encounters?

To answer your question about control - normal clothing should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Peter S.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”