Color and emotion science experiment HELP!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

caleo

Color and emotion science experiment HELP!

Post by caleo »

I am a ninth grader in need of a project for my age level. While researching ideas on science buddies I found one but it was for a 12-year-old this is what it was.
"She printed our a silohuette of a person. She mounted one copy of it on a pink background, of a particular shade that has been noted in research as having a positive effective on emotion. Then she mounted another copy on a white background. She is intending to interview as many people as possible, without telling them the purpose of her study. She will record each person's age and gender. She will roll dice to determine whether to show the interview subject the picture with the pink background or the white background- they will only be exposed to one of the pictures. Then she will use a timer to make sure that each person looks at the picture for exactly one minute. After one minute she will ask: "What does the person in the picture look like she's feeling?" and "What does this picture remind you of?"

Is this appropriate for someone at my grade level?

Thanks for your help :)
pswiatko
Expert

Re: Color and emotion science experiment HELP!

Post by pswiatko »

Hi caleo,

This sounds like an interesting project. If you really like it, I'd say go ahead and do it.

Peter S.
caleo

Re: Color and emotion science experiment HELP!

Post by caleo »

Is there anything I can add to make it more appropriate for my age?
Thanks

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”