CFU/ml average

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Omster

CFU/ml average

Post by Omster »

I collected the following data for my project:

boiled water (after 24 hours): 17 colonies (CFU/ML = 17)
boiled water (after 48 hours): 9 colonies (CFU/ML = 9)
1:10 diluted boiled water (after 24 hours): 6 colonies (CFU/ML = 60)

distilled water (after 24 hours): 8 colonies (CFU/ML = 8)
distilled water (after 48 hours): 13 colonies (CFU/ML = 13)
1:10 diluted distilled water (after 24 hours): 4 colonies (CFU/ML = 40)

Can I write that the average CFU/ML for boiled water is ~ 29 CFU/ML and the average CFU/ML for distilled water is ~ 20
CFU/ML?

If not, how would I find the average CFU/ML of the boiled water, and the average CFU/ML of the distilled water?
Omster

Re: CFU/ml average

Post by Omster »

anyone?
Thanks in advance...
DashaRindia

Science Fair Project

Post by DashaRindia »

Hello, my name is Dasha and I'm stuck!
I am in 9th grade and I have to create a project for a science fair. I must include a testable question, research and an experiment. I am having a very hard time trying to find a topic. At first, I wanted to do it on black holes/wormholes but I found that there are no testable questions and I can not find an experiment that you can conduct! (Please let me know if you have anything, it would be big help). my favourite topic is Space but I can't seem to find anything on that topic nor testable questions or experiments. Please write back! Thanks :)

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”