Sulphonamides and TB

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

DOM26

Sulphonamides and TB

Post by DOM26 »

For a report i need to explain why sulphonamides are good at killing tb. i have said they're good at killing gram + due to there being no abc exporters to remove the drug. And the opposite for gram -. But i don't understand why sulphonamides are so good against tb, i know they're a mycolater so I'm assuming its to do with its cell wall structure and lack of second outer membrane but google has been very unhelpful. This is my last hope. Please help. Deadline looming.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Sulphonamides and TB

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Dom,
The Science Buddies forums are for students in grades K-12 who are doing science projects. It sounds like you have been assigned to write a report, but you are not actually doing an science experiment. There are other forums on the internet where you should be able find information to help you write your report. Thank you.
DOM26

Re: Sulphonamides and TB

Post by DOM26 »

Hi,
it is a science experiment as i made my own sulphonamide, did a microbial evaluation using a MABA assay to determine its effectiveness. I then produced a formulation and established its physiochemical chemical properties that were successful. Now i didn't feel the need to explain this as i could manage all other areas of the report, i just need help in the explanation of my project.
Sorry i didn't realise that people did science projects and then didn't try explain why something happened.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”