Yeast Busters: Stopping Fungus in its Tracks with Antifungal Medicines Project HELP

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Nina23

Yeast Busters: Stopping Fungus in its Tracks with Antifungal Medicines Project HELP

Post by Nina23 »

Hi Everyone,
I came across this post [link: viewtopic.php?t=16378#p57258] while looking for an answer to the question: Why is my low concentration of Clomitrazole working better than the high concentration.

In my project, I am trying to see which medicine works better: Clomitrazole, or Terbinafine. I made each at two concentrations, a high, and a low. For some reason, for a few of my Clomitrazole results, the low concentration is working better than the high concentration. Here are the steps I used for each concentration.

High: Mix 9/8 of water with 1/8 of the medicine and mix into sugar/water solution, then add yeast.
Low: Mix 9/8 teaspoons of water with 1/8 of the medicine, take 1/8 of this solution and pour it into 9/8 teaspoons of water and mix into sugar/water solution, then add yeast.

Results low concentration (Each trial went on for 15 mins)
#1-15:00-170ml
#2-15:00-170ml
#3: 15:00-165 ml

Results high concentration:

#1-15:00-170ml
#2-15:00-175ml
#3-15:00-175ml

I would like to use this as part of my conclusion, please help soon as my project is due very soon.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”