Animal Magnetism

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

donnahardy2
Former Expert

Re: Animal Magnetism

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi Alang,

This is more good news, Congratulationsl

To improve your project before the next level of competition, I recommend doing more measurements. If you double the number of animals in pastures with and without power lines your results would be more significant.

I will go back and look at your data again to see if I can make any other suggestions.

Donna
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi,

I think your data analysis and graphs are fine, but I did have one more thought. Sometimes, judges will write comment cards at the science fair to pass along suggestions for improving science projects. This is often done for the top projects, such as yours, that will go on to the next level of competition.

Did you receive any comment cards from the judges? If so, can you incorporate any of the comments into your display board?

Donna
ALANG

Post by ALANG »

Good Afternoon!

I would like to let you know that I've qualified for another international science fair in BRAZIl named MOSTRATEC.

Thanks so much for your help!,
-Arnold L.
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi,

Congratulations! This is the most amazingly good news. Thanks for letting me know. Winning a spot at the international science fair is a really great honor, and I'm very happy that your hard work was recognized.

You know that winning at the science fair will help get you into college and can also be a source of scholarships when you win the top awards, so look for an idea for your next year's project when you are in Brazil. You are in 9th grade, so you will have more time to continue your success. You could investigate another aspect of animal magnetism, or switch to a different topic.

Please do send a report after the international fair.

Donna
ALANG

Post by ALANG »

Hello,

I'm sorry of this late report of my International Science Fair experience.

Traveling to south Brazil was amazing, I visited eye catching places, met amazing new friends, and was stunned by many amazing projects. I was in the Animal and Plants category and ended up placing 6th overall. I was very happy.

As for your remarks about future projects, I set my mind to a cancer related project, but it hasn't really come into fruition because I've been unable to find a lab to do such a project. So regarding a continuation of my animal magnetism project, I don't know which direction I could turn if I were to do so. Any ideas? I'll greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
-Alang

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”