age and pitch science fair project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

danielacab

age and pitch science fair project

Post by danielacab »

what do i put on the questionare and i do not have a piano, i have a guitar and my teacher said that is fine. what exactly am i supposed to do with the tuner and the person? isnt the pitch i give them going to sound different then their voice? what do i do?????????????????????????
RicaC
Former Student Expert

Re: age and pitch science fair project

Post by RicaC »

Dear danielacab,

Since your project focuses on investigating the correlation between relative pitch and age, your questionnaire should ask questions, such as "What is your age?" and "Have you ever had a music training experience?". A tuner is used to find if the volunteer is on pitch or not. Therefore, when each of the volunteer sings each note, you should hold the tuner at an appropriate distance away from him or her. For this project, you will have to use your guitar to play the 3-note test sequence for a total of 2 times. When you play that for the first time, have each volunteer practice singing each note. When you play that for the second time, have each volunteer sing each note and use the tuner to see if he or she is on pitch or not.

The procedure for this project might be helpful. The link for this is https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... #procedure .

If you have any questions, please let me know.

RicaC

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”