Biodegradable Pen + Need of Mentor / CREST Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

caseyyy

Biodegradable Pen + Need of Mentor / CREST Project

Post by caseyyy »

Hello,

I am a year ten in high school (I believe this is grade nine or ten in America), and for science we are required to make something that will help someone or something in some way. I have chosen myself to do a biodegradable pen, one that can decompose and can grow into something (like a plant) once put into soil and watered.

I was inspired by an organization who makes pencils that give back themselves (http://sproutworld.com/us/) and I thought it would be good idea to incorporate it with pens, because a whole amount of plastics are being used to manufacture these objects.

Anyways, I was looking for a possible mentor for this project, or a guide to where I start (research or experimenting processes, ect).

Kind regards,
Casey.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”