Servo motor signal wire trouble.

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

FatimaFatima

Servo motor signal wire trouble.

Post by FatimaFatima »

Servo motor has three wires, brown,orange and red. In my project, the object has to move when the photoresistors detect shadow and servo motor moves but in my project servo is moving without detecting light means it's signal wire is not working because the servo is moving in the absence of light also. Can u please help me.
Regards,
Farina Fatima,
Pakistan.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Servo motor signal wire trouble.

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Farina,
It would help us to find solutions to your problem if you would please describe your project. For example, what is the object and how is the servo motor set up? Where is the object placed in relation to the servo and how are the wires set up? This will help us help you!
FatimaFatima

Post by FatimaFatima »

Hi,
My project is actually based on LDR, like if the LDR detect the shadow the servo motor will move. In my project, I am using 555 timer chip and the orange lead of the servo is connected to the pin 3 of the chip. But the problem is that when I connect the circuit to the battery, the servo motor starts moving and its movement is not affected by the LDR. Servo motor is not attach with any object.I am a college student do I am not aware that how should I deal with these problems.
Thanks
Farina Fatima.i
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MadelineB »

Hello Farina,
Unfortunately, this forum is designed to help stuents K-12 with their hands-on science projects. College level science projects are beyond the level of this forum. However, you are certainly welcome to browse the project ideas and project guides.

Best of luck with your project.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”