Finding a project for Luminol?!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

VNPHAM01

Finding a project for Luminol?!

Post by VNPHAM01 »

I want to do a crime scene science fair project about the Effect of Temperature on Luminol, but that is already so well researched, I need a topic that isn't that well researched! I tried researching different variables I can change but I couldn't come up with anything. Could you help me find something I could do differently to my project???
dfcoll
Former Expert
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Finding a project for Luminol?!

Post by dfcoll »

Hi VNPHAM01,

Science Buddies has a project on luminol here:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... background

Are you looking for a way to change that project, or are you looking for a new project idea? Take a look at the "Make It Your Own" tab of the project if you are just looking to add something a little different.

For a new project idea, why not try to explore or solve a common problem with the use of luminol? Has your research uncovered any other issues with its use, besides temperature? A quick internet search made me start thinking about false positives. There might be something there you can explore. Please post again if you have more questions.

Good luck!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”