Chemistry project: effect of biowastes on biogas production

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

annastevenson

Chemistry project: effect of biowastes on biogas production

Post by annastevenson »

Hi,

I am desperately in need of a title for my project. I tested different types of biowaste, including algae, chicken manure, pig manure, and compost and measured the gas pressure of sealed containers for 3 weeks. I am using the ideal gas law to determine the moles of methane and carbon dioxide that were produced. Could you please help me come up with an intriguing title??

Thank you so much.
stephen_lee
Former Expert

Re: Chemistry project: effect of biowastes on biogas production

Post by stephen_lee »

Hi Anna,

Sounds like an interesting project. When coming up with a title I like to incorporate the main purpose of the study with what was actually measured and tested to get a good summary of what was actually studied right from the start.

An example title can be:
Quantifying Biogas Production Rates of Various Biowastes

This would be a very professional sounding title, and I would recommend using this for a formal competition.

If you want a more catchy title I would probably go with a question that your research is trying to solve. Try to make a question that people might not have thought about before that relates to your project.

Good luck!
Stephen

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”