Neural Networks

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

Better_Education_Please

Neural Networks

Post by Better_Education_Please »

Hi everyone,

I want to create a neural network based on something that is neuro-scientifically proven and wish to mimic it for those who do not have that particular nonscientific feature. What is the best approach I need to take? Do I have to translate any of the neuro-ideas into mathematics?

Or, If it is something biologically-based, should I use MatLab to try an analyse the optimum brain I am trying to talk about or sort of encode it/ translate it into the machine network/ANN to understand, without imaging?

Or shall I take several MRIs and encode what I am talking about that way?

Please help me out,

I asked a similar question on the Life Sciences forum. It might aid your answers:
"I am designing a genuine computer program or ANN to be more specific, that is going to be biologically based to answer the following questions.

What is the overall or genetic neural plasticity of a prodigy?
Can I use MatLab techniques or certain bioinformatics to create a machine that thinks like a prodigy, or can answer or create almost anything? Possibly by scanning MRI brain activity of certain prodigies, or the brain of a prodigy. Similar to a computer-aided diagnosis. Or maybe use EEG instead?

Like this lady's Google Sci project right here: https://www.googlesciencefair.com/proje ... 31a4c97d99,

Could I use Bayesian Regulation Back propagation in any way?

Or maybe a machine that identifies a prodigy?

Then here comes the big guns: I want to do this to improve education. The original idea was to use it to be able to educate others and turn them into prodigies.

Is it possible to use laws of psycho-physics or study neural plasticity or a brain like Einstein's, and maybe model an education system in a way in which I could educate to make the person into a prodigy.

Maybe I can study the brain waves of a prodigy, and the brain waves of a non-prodigy and see if I can find the differences, and find out how to correct that. Or combine several techniques for excellent memory into one algorithm.

You can see my work is albeit abstract, but there is an idea coming. Could you help me out on the bio-side of things, and then the computer things I can do on my own.

I want to end up using deep learning methods. Like this guy as well:
https://www.googlesciencefair.com/proje ... c14ed57ba9

Thank you!

ED-ADVOCATE"

Kind Regards,

ED_ADVOCATE
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Neural Networks

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello, and welcome to Science Buddies. It is best to keep all discussion on one thread so that experts can best help you based on what has already been discussed. Since Sybee has given you great advice on the other thread, we will direct everyone there.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16050&p=56488#p56488

Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”