Simulation of a Cancer Tumor- PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

22SA

Simulation of a Cancer Tumor- PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!

Post by 22SA »

Would it be possible for me to access an online simulation of a cancer tumor? I need to be able to know the number of blood vessels that feed the tumor, as well as the size of the tumor. It would also be helpful if this simulation specified if the tumor was benign, at the start of angiogenesis, or malignant. Please post any links or replies of any cancer tumor simulations you know of, even if it does not include all of the functionality above.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Simulation of a Cancer Tumor- PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!

Post by MadelineB »

Hello 22SA,

You might be able to find answers to your questions by searching the internet. Try searching for the terms "computer model of cancer tumor" or "computer simulation of cancer tumor."

These should help you find research reports in the scientific literature so you can study the methods sections in those papers. You might also find the researchers with laboratories doing similar research close to you so that you might find a mentor for your project. Studying the information you find should help you refine your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask additional questions, based on your literature review.

And, I see that you have posted the identical question in the Grades 6-8 forum. Please post all of your replies to this form (unless of course you are student in grades 6-8). Keeping your replies to one forum helps all of us keep track of your questions and answers!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”