Bioinformatics

Ask specific questions about careers in science. Questions may be related to information in the Science Careers area of the Science Buddies website or may relate to specific projects or areas of research.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

slk
Project Question: Critically discuss the following statement. Gene expression data and systems biology is allowing us to understand the control of complex traits
Project Due Date: 27 july 2015
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Bioinformatics

Post by slk »

Critically discuss the following statement. Gene expression data and systems biology is allowing us to understand the control of complex traits?

m havin bit of trouble tackling this question? any help on what I should write about or the points i shud mention would be much appreciated. I keep seeing articles about eQTL and QTL are these relevant as well? 

Thank you in advance
slk
Project Question: Critically discuss the following statement. Gene expression data and systems biology is allowing us to understand the control of complex traits
Project Due Date: 27 july 2015
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Bioinformatics

Post by slk »

or should look into multi-gene traits, maybe pick my favourite illness (e.g. autism) and see how it is hereditary. Whole-genome sequencing is important tool in tracing such issues because it gives wide overview and a lot of genetic information about Patient.

Return to “Careers in Science”