General question

Please post requests for answers to "interview" questions in this forum (only). Responses are not guaranteed, and requests that fail to follow Science Buddies' rules regarding interviews will be not be addressed.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Yigalkatyusha

General question

Post by Yigalkatyusha »

Why when i see the light (e.g. lamp, or something like that) looks like it's blinking ?
Even when those light are not blinking when i see from close distance.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: General question

Post by dcnick96 »

Welcome to Science Buddies. Is your question part of a science fair project? If so, give us more details about what your project is. If this is a homework question, there are other forums to help you.

If you wish to continue with a Science Fair related question, it would be better located in one of the Physical Science forums, depending on your grade level.

Cheers,
Deana
CathyRoberson

Re: General question

Post by CathyRoberson »

Seeing flashes of light when you look rapidly in one direction can caused by a phenomenon called retinal detachment. This is where the back part of your eye becomes detached from the rest of the eye. It is rare, but does threaten site in the eye effected. It also normally occurs after trauma and thus, if you have recently hit your head doing something, then this is possible. Other possible causes of flashing lights are migraine headaches. This phenomenon of migraines usually don't occur without the headache portion of it, but migraines are more common than retinal detachment. Because the sign of flashing lights is a possible sign of retinal detachment, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist.

#Cathy Roberson,
Last edited by MadelineB on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Interview Requests”