Effect of Mental imagery training on the improvement of profficiency in drawing straight lines

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Nommalorel

Effect of Mental imagery training on the improvement of profficiency in drawing straight lines

Post by Nommalorel »

Hello. As far as i know mental imagery training can improve motor functions so much so that it can even affect the power output of a spesific muscle group if trained in a repeated order just like usual physical exercising.

Drawing pictures is a motor function since it involves the usage of the muscle groups in the body which builds up muscle memory over time.

Therefore mental imagery training must also improve drawing skills. Yet i could not find a single academic article about this topic. Is there any papers out there that are already exploring this topic or is it literally a not existing research topic at the moment. If so i would like to conduct an amateur experiment myself. Would anyone want to help me with that ?
amyCC
Site Admin
Project Question: *
Project Due Date: *
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Effect of Mental imagery training on the improvement of profficiency in drawing straight lines

Post by amyCC »

Hi - This is an interesting question.

The Ask an Expert forums are for K-12 students working on school science projects. It sounds like your question might be outside of that scope. If so, we recommend posting on general science forums or sites.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”