Model of Cancer Cell Help!!! URGENT

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Sabah_N

Model of Cancer Cell Help!!! URGENT

Post by Sabah_N »

I was assigned this project and I have no clue what i should be doing. I have talked to my teacher, but that didn't really help.

My full topic is to show what chemotherapy does to a cancer cell.
So, i need to create a model of a cancer cell. I went on google and I didn't find any answers. What should I do?

I'm not sure if i should make the outside of a cancer cell or the inside.

I need to have-

- differences between normal and cancer cell structure wise and what occurred for it to look like that on the cancer cell.
- what the chemo is targeting
- what changes due to the chemo
- and how it finds the cancerous cells.

I would really appreciate the help, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Model of Cancer Cell Help!!! URGENT

Post by norman40 »

Hi Sabah_N,

Sounds like you have a very interesting and complex project. I must say that this topic is well outside my expertise and you may get better help with your questions in the Life, Earth and Social Sciences forum.

You might try searching on “chemotherapy mechanisms” to get information on how chemotherapy drugs interact with cancer cells. For example, the following link has a general explanation of how chemotherapy disrupts cancer cell replication.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about- ... rapy-works

Also you might try using each of the items from your “need to have” as online search terms.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”