word for buoyancy

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering
girlscientist

word for buoyancy

Post by girlscientist »

hi. I am done my project but I need one word I can not find. I did a project on buoyancy. I know that gravity is what is pushing down on the boat, but is there a word for the water pushing up on the boat? My mom and I looked online. I can not find a vocabulary word that is right and I have to include vocabulary terms with my project.

thank you very much. Please help because my project is due on Thursday and I really love science and want it to be perfect. Thank You.

the girlscientist
Louise
Former Expert

Re: word for buoyancy

Post by Louise »

girlscientist wrote:hi. I am done my project but I need one word I can not find. I did a project on buoyancy. I know that gravity is what is pushing down on the boat, but is there a word for the water pushing up on the boat? My mom and I looked online. I can not find a vocabulary word that is right and I have to include vocabulary terms with my project.

thank you very much. Please help because my project is due on Thursday and I really love science and want it to be perfect. Thank You.

the girlscientist
Maybe I am missing something here, but what do you think buoyancy means?
American Heritage Dictionary - buoy·an·cy (boi'É™n-sÄ“, bÅ?Å?'yÉ™n-)
n.
The tendency or capacity to remain afloat in a liquid or rise in air or gas.
The upward force that a fluid exerts on an object less dense than itself.
Ability to recover quickly from setbacks; resilience.
Lightness of spirit; cheerfulness.

Louise

Return to “Physical Science”