Home Store Project Ideas Project Guide Ask An Expert Blog Careers Teachers Parents Students

How to Donate

  1. Donate Online Using a Credit Card or PayPal

    You can donate online using your PayPal account or a credit card (PayPal account not required).

  2. Personal Check

    On a sheet of paper, clearly print or type your full name, address, email address, and preferred phone number, in case we need to reach you. Then send it along with your check (made payable to "Science Buddies") to:

    Science Buddies
    Sobrato Center for Nonprofits
    560 Valley Way
    Milpitas, CA 95035

    A receipt for your contribution will be emailed to you. If you prefer to receive your receipt by regular mail, please note your preference on the cover sheet.

  3. Make a Gift to our Endowment

    In 2007, a concerned citizen established an endowment fund for the benefit of Science Buddies. Entitled "A Fork in the Road- A Fund Providing a Path to a Science Career," this fund is a donor advised fund at the Community Foundation for Monterey County. Donate online via the Community Foundation for Monterey County's website.

  4. Gifts of Stock

    Please contact Jayme Burke: jayme@sciencebuddies.org for instructions on making a gift of stock.

  5. IRA Charitable Rollover

    The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act of 2010 extends the IRA Charitable Rollover until December 31, 2013. The act permits individuals aged 70 1/2 or older to roll over up to $100,000 from an individual retirement account (IRA) directly to a qualifying charity—like Science Buddies—without recognizing the assets transferred to the qualifying charity as income. Please contact your tax advisor to discuss how an IRA Charitable Rollover may benefit you.

    Do you have more questions about donating? Please see our Donations FAQ.