Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Hi. We are taking a week long cruise to the Bahamas soon and we have a science project due soon after. Its for a 3rd grader. Any ideas of experiments we can easily do on the cruise ship or beaches of were we port? Florida, key west, and Bahamas. We can collect sand from each port but what to do with it?
Any project ideas for us? Thank you
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 am
- Occupation: Stay at home mom/retired nurse
- Project Question: Science experiment on a week long cruise vacation?
- Project Due Date: Jan 26 2013
- Project Status: I am just starting
gatlingirls, welcome to science buddies. Thank you for you question.
You can use the science buddies project idea wizard tool to help select one that would fit your needs at: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ndaproject
However, I did this build your own beach experiment with my 1st grader and it was super easy. http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p011.shtml
You could modify it to experiment with different sand collected from the different beaches you visit and see how that makes a difference, in addition to some of the variations in the project to make it more of a 3rd grade difficulty level. Also, pictures from the actual beaches could be used to confirm experimental results (i.e. similarity in beach structure).
Hope this helps.
Science Buddies science fair guide:
Science Buddies project ideas:
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:26 pm
- Occupation: US Air Force Space & Missile Operations
- Project Question: "To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty and leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of anything." - Sir Isaac Newton
- Project Due Date: N/A
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest