Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
My daughter is 8 years old and has chosen to develop a working model of "something". She is very interested in animals, especially dogs and horses.
What are some ideas for a topic of research?
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 pm
- Occupation: Teacher
- Project Question: My daughter is 8 years old and doing her first Science Fair. She has chosen the option of developing a working model, instead of conducting an experement. Do you have any ideas for an animal lover? The school she attends has a Science Expo each year.
- Project Due Date: Idea is due by December 17, 2012
- Project Status: I am just starting
Welcome to Science Buddies. We always love to hear of students eager to relate science back to their interests.
I have provided a link below in which you and your daughter can find some project ideas.http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... oraproject
Also, if you can provide some more insight on the requirements of her project we may be able to further assist you, if you are unable to find an idea at the above link.
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:37 am
- Occupation: Scientist
- Project Question: Ask the Expert Volunteer.
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
I also recommend you to first use the Science Buddies search engine for potential ideas for your daughter's project.
Some examples of project ideas related to animals might be...
- Life cycle of a frog
- Sleep pattern of various animals
- Best baits for catching fish
- What makes a spider web sticky
- Social interactions among animals
Hope this helps!
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 am
- Occupation: Student
- Project Question: Biochemistry
- Project Due Date: Completed
- Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data
Return to Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests