Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
Cold and heat........how does it moves!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:09 pm
- Occupation: "Student 2nd grade"
- Project Question: heat and cold - how it moves
- Project Due Date: February 1, 2014
- Project Status: I am just starting
I'm not sure whether I understand what you are trying to ask. Do you mean what direction heat travels, from cold to hot, or hot to cold? If that is the case, the simple answer would be that heat will always flow from something hot to something cold. If you would like a more detailed explanation on why that works, you can post in the physical sciences forum--I'm sure there will be a lot of physics experts there who can tell you a little more about why heat flows from hot to cold! Do you have a specific science project in mind about heat transfer?
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:27 pm
- Occupation: Graduate Student
- Project Question: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
- Project Due Date: I am volunteering for the "Ask an Expert" program.
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests