pesticides and germination

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

pesticides and germination

Postby Danielle Cardinale » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Where can I find info on this topic
Danielle Cardinale

Project Question: We have been studying different groups of Indians (plains, dessert southwest, arctic,etc)
I am interested in how they grew their crops. I want to know if a seed taken from a squash would grow as well as a seed from a package. How are these seeds different?
Project Due Date: Feb 15th,2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: pesticides and germination

Postby heatherL » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Welcome to ScienceBuddies!

Have you tried an internet search? I typed "pesticides and germination" into Google, and found lots of sites, most of which were links to scholarly articles. While you may not be able to get the whole article (or understand it), you can get a lot of information from the abstract (summary), which you should be able to view online.

I hope this helps. Post again if you have more questions.

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: pesticides and germination

Postby lalalalala » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:25 am

Make sure that your information is from a reliable source. If your information is wrong, than people can get mixed up when they look at your science project.
lalalalala

Project Question: My idea is to ask whether or not texting makes your thumbs stronger. People always say so, but is it really true? What I want to know is if that could be done or not, and if it is really scientific.
Project Due Date: February 2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Return to Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences