Vermicomposting

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Vermicomposting

Postby treda » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:05 pm

My grandson is also doing his science fair project on vermicoposting we are having trouble with the Variables: It is his first time any ideas?
treda

Project Question: vermicoposting trying to figure out about the variables
Project Due Date: February 1
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Vermicomposting

Postby MelissaB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:37 am

Hi,

The main Science Buddies site has a great resource on variables for beginners, here: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... test.shtml . Take a look at that, and if you still have questions after you have read it, please post back.

Good luck!
MelissaB

Re: Vermicomposting

Postby Megara7 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:01 pm

The link posted above contains a great explanation for how to come up with your own variables. An example of something you could do would be along the lines of using two different types of worms (independent variables) and seeing how much compost they create in a give amount of time (dependent variable). I hope this helps you come up with ideas on your own!
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I’ve never met anybody who wasn’t important before.”
— The Eleventh Doctor
Megara7
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades K-5: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences