Need help in creating a Science Project for 8th grade

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Need help in creating a Science Project for 8th grade

Postby Reaven233 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:47 pm

I currently am having trouble in coming up with a project. I am trying to conduct a experiment about the reflexes that protect the Human body. I currently have until August to complete the experiment. Please help and give me ideas about experiments about the Human Reflex to protect its body.
Reaven233

Project Question: Well, I been quite interested in reflexes lately and I wanted to conduct a experiment that includes the reflex to protect ones self.
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: Need help in creating a Science Project for 8th grade

Postby SciB » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 am

Hi Reaven and welcome to Science Buddies. We can steer you towards a science project that suits your interests.

Protection reflexes are especially interesting because they were the ones that allowed humans to survive millions of years of dangers and continue to alert us to potential hazards today. As you say, deciding on the type of experiment to do to study these reflexes is not that simple.

I did a search of the Scibuddies project ideas and came up with a couple of possibilities for you:

Think Fast: Do Video Game Players Have Faster Reaction Times Than Non-Players?
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p025.shtml

Think Fast! Measuring reaction times
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... p009.shtml

Take a look at these and see if the projects described there might be something that interests you. Post back to us when you have more questions.

Best wishes,

SciB
SciB
Expert

Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to participate in the Ask an Expert program.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby Mall ika » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

well does anyone have ideas for a science fair project about energy drinks?
please reply fast my project is due sept29 2013
thanks
Mall ika

Project Question: can please recommend project ideas about energy drinks for my science fair project and I am in 8th grade.
Project Due Date: oct 23 2013

Postby SciB » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:54 am

Hi Mall ika,

We will be happy to help you with your science fair project, but please repost your question on a new thread so the answers don't get confused with those for the first person's project.

In the mean time you should check our Science Fair Project Ideas (link above). if you do a search for 'energy drinks' you will find several ideas for doing projects based on these products. Just be aware that doing experiments with human subjects, if that is what you are thinking of, requires special procedures and approvals. This link will explain more about it: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ects.shtml

Please post back on a new thread when you have a better idea of the direction you want to go with the energy drink project.

Best wishes,

SciB
SciB
Expert

Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to participate in the Ask an Expert program.
Project Due Date: n/a

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences