Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
We are doing an experiment on rocks and water absorption and we have to contact a "professional" to get advice and then write a paragraph about that advice. I have no idea who to contact????? Help!!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 pm
- Occupation: "student: 6th grade"
- Project Question: " Thirsty Rocks" To find out what rocks are the most porous and will absorb the most water the fastest.
- Project Due Date: 10/26/12
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
becca0 wrote:We are doing an experiment on rocks and water absorption and we have to contact a "professional" to get advice and then write a paragraph about that advice. I have no idea who to contact????? Help!!
A good place to find an expert is a university. You could look up a university near you, or use a search engine to find a website for a university that has a geology program so you can find a geologist (or similar). The university websites often have a list of their professors/scientists with contact information.
I hope this helps - let me know what other questions come up.
- Posts: 326
- Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:47 pm
- Occupation: Product Manager - Genomics
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest