A professionals advice

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

A professionals advice

Postby becca0 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 pm

We are doing an experiment on rocks and water absorption and we have to contact a "professional" to get advice and then write a paragraph about that advice. I have no idea who to contact????? Help!!
becca0

Project Question: " Thirsty Rocks" To find out what rocks are the most porous and will absorb the most water the fastest.
Project Due Date: 10/26/12
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: A professionals advice

Postby sunmoonstars » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:32 am

becca0 wrote:We are doing an experiment on rocks and water absorption and we have to contact a "professional" to get advice and then write a paragraph about that advice. I have no idea who to contact????? Help!!

Hi,

A good place to find an expert is a university. You could look up a university near you, or use a search engine to find a website for a university that has a geology program so you can find a geologist (or similar). The university websites often have a list of their professors/scientists with contact information.

I hope this helps - let me know what other questions come up.

Tonya :)
sunmoonstars
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences