Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.
Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators
I am a student in eighth grade testing the maze solving abilitiy of the Physarum Polycephalum. I was wondering what material should be used to make the barriers in the maze.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm
- Occupation: Student: 8th Grade
- Project Question: I am conducting an experiment to test if the physarum polycephalum can find the shortest bath between two oats in a maze. I was wondering what material should be used to form the barriers of the maze.
- Project Due Date: January 31, 2013
- Project Status: I am conducting my research
It just so happens that Science Buddies has a experiment very similar to the one you're conducting. The experiment guide shows that they used transparency paper (with a pre-printed design for the maze buit in) and placed it on an agar surface to create the maze. Just a reminder, if you plan on entering this experiment in a science fair, be sure to check out the rules that your school's science fair committee has on using biological agents. There's more information in the guide.
Link: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... ml#summary
Best of luck!
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am
- Occupation: Student 10th grade
- Project Question: n/a
- Project Due Date: n/a
- Project Status: Not applicable
Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 9 guests