Looking for Catchy Title

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Looking for Catchy Title

Postby cgambell » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:32 pm

My daughter is doing a project on how food additives keep bread good longer. Does anyone have any suggestions for a catchy title. She is testing seven different types of bread in three different test situations (on the counter, in a dark place and in the refrigerator). Applying water each day to see how long it takes before mold begins to grow. Really need a great title to catch someone's attention. Please help!!!
cgambell

Project Question: Soap/Water vs. Hand Sanitizer is school setting
Project Due Date: The science fair is February 2, 2010. We have everything printed for the board. Just trying to decide how to best display the photos.
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Looking for Catchy Title

Postby lorinatorthekittykat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello!
I'm not sure how "kiddy" you may want the title but here are some fun ones
- Are you Bready for some mold?
- Don't eat the fuzzy toast(Bread)

If you would like to catch attention i recommend a title that's a funny pun, completely insane, or something gross.
lorinatorthekittykat

Project Question: Trying to find out the rate of mold growth on fastfood burgers
Project Due Date: January 7th
Project Status: I am conducting my experiment

Postby heatherL » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi there,

You have already gotten a couple fun suggestions. Here are a few more to spark your imagination. In the end, make sure it relates to the project too.

The Mold and the Beautiful: What conditions best preserve your bread?
The Golden Moldies: How to keep your bread from growing mold.
Save Our Sandwich: How to keep your bread from growing mold.

You get the idea. You can use a catchy phrase to catch attention, then make sure to include the real purpose of the study.

I hope that helps!

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Postby cgambell » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:53 am

Great Idea!! She was thinking about using Mold Busters: Are Food Additives Keeping Bread Good Longer? She has play cloth bread that she was going to us on the board with the red no or null symbol. What do you think? Any suggestions or do you like the above titles better? Thanks for all your suggestions.
cgambell

Project Due Date: The science fair is February 2, 2010. We have everything printed for the board. Just trying to decide how to best display the photos.

Postby heatherL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:13 am

I like your daughter's title! It's catchy, and also mentions that she looked at food additives. Sounds great!

The cloth bread should also attract attention to the board. If you wanted to get really catchy, she could try reproducing the Ghost Busters symbol with a cartoon of mold (a green blob will work) instead of the ghost.

Have fun!

Heather
heatherL

Postby cgambell » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 am

She was thinking of using the ghost busters idea with the bread and somehow make it look like it has mold on it with the red symbol. She could do that and have a little green blob type cartoon character with the red symbol. Is that what you were thinking? Thanks so much for your help and ideas!! Any suggestions on colors to use on the board? Her board is black and the lettering for the title will be white or another color and then backed in the opposite. For example white letters backed in red or vise versa. Red and white always looks good but any suggestions for another color?
cgambell

Postby heatherL » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 am

I think the black background with white and red contrasts is perfect, as it goes right along with the Ghostbusters theme. And yes, the green blob character with the red symbol is exactly what I was thinking.

I think white paper with red backing will work for the text sections on the board. She could put little green mold blobs around the edges or as spacers between sections too.

Sounds like you've got it covered! :)
heatherL

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences