Help on project "How does science keeps us healthy?"

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

Help on project "How does science keeps us healthy?"

Postby DGORARD » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Hello, I am doing a project for the RSC Bill Bryson Prize 2013.

The Theme is "How does science keeps us healthy?".

I am hoping to do some videos of myself doing some experiments (projects) on various different ways it can do this (or explanation instead of experiment).

I have until the 31 March 2013.

I have been chosen out of my year as I am gifted and talented so I will be able to do more complicated projects than 8th Grade.

The link to the website is as follows: http://www.rsc.org/learn-chemistry/reso ... and-health

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DGORARD
DGORARD

Project Question: How does science keeps us healthy?
Project Due Date: 31 March 2013
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help on project "How does science keeps us healthy?"

Postby donnahardy2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi

Thanks for posting the link for this contest, as I was not familiar with the contest. It sounds like a challenging opportunity and very worthwhile doing.

The best way to know what do to in any science competition is to read the rules. Fortunately, for this contest, creativity is encouraged and a video/dvd is one of the options for submission.

Your entry must be in English, and the entry form (available in March) must be completed. You must be a primary or secondary school student between 5 and 18.

http://www.rsc.org/learn-chemistry/reso ... and-health

Good luck!

Donna Hardy
donnahardy2
Expert

Re: Help on project "How does science keeps us healthy?"

Postby heatherL » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi there,

If you are looking for topic ideas, check out the Science Buddies Topic Selection Wizard: http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-f ... gister.php. You can use this to find ideas related to the theme of your contest, while also choosing something that fits with your own interests. You can choose a challenging project, or click the "Make It Your Own" tab on any project for ideas on how to take the project further.

I hope this helps. Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions or need more guidance.

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences