crazy crystal creations

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: MelissaB, kgudger, Ray Trent, Moderators

crazy crystal creations

Postby kevin0421 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 am

My friend and I choose this project but for some reson it was a failure at first we didnt put enought borax and the second time we put too much can anyone share their results with us since our crystals never formed.
kevin0421

Project Question: crazy creations results
Project Due Date: today
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: crazy crystal creations

Postby Megara7 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello,
I know you are looking for someone else's results, but I don't think you need them. When scientists get bad data because of experimental errors, in the conclusion they hypothesize as to why. You could still use your data and then explain in the conclusion the experimental errors (what errors you think lead to the results) that caused the data.

I hope this helps!
Meg
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I’ve never met anybody who wasn’t important before.”
— The Eleventh Doctor
Megara7
Expert

Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: crazy crystal creations

Postby heatherL » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:08 am

Hi Kevin,

Meg's advice is excellent. You can talk about what went wrong, and what you learned in the process! What makes you think you used too much borax? What did you observe in that set of experiments? Now how did things look when you used too little? What do you think the right amount would be, and what would you expect to see then? Even though you did not see what you expected, your experiment was not a failure if you learned something from the experience!

Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions.

Heather
heatherL

Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Return to Grades 6-8: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences